You will be responsible for working with game developers to create optimal architectures for scalability and security, designing and implementing systems for internal needs, and communicating with various stakeholders to successfully service highly scalable games.
Based in Berlin, Germany
- Review architectures of mobile games and communicate with the developers to meet scalability and security requirements.
- Work closely with game developers for integrating key SDK components.
- Design and implement features for internal systems and player-facing services.
- Analyze software performance and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Create technical design documents for the team.
- Review the work of other engineers and provide constructive guidance.
- University degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in the gaming, media or entertainment industry.
- Extensive experience with SDKs and with concurrency and socket programming.
- Deep understanding of business process analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of NoSQL datastores (Hadoop, HBase, MongoDB) and of server-side technology for mobile games.
- Experience with iOS or Android development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong project and time management skills.
- Fluency in English.
- A fast-paced and highly professional working environment and a location in the heart of Berlin.
- A competitive salary and 28 vacation days as well as flexible working hours.
- A position where you can bring in your ideas and shape the way things are done.
- Ongoing professional development, training, languages classes.
- Subsidized canteen meals, complimentary coffee, water, fruits and snacks.
- Many fun company celebrations and team activities.
Apply for this position in English including your start date.